Is a BMW a Good Car?
Yes, we can answer with complete confidence that BMW vehicles are good cars. Some Lawrence drivers may be concerned about the cost of vehicle maintenance on a BMW because repairs require imported parts and increased precision. However, because BMW vehicles are designed to meet very strict quality standards, they require less frequent repairs than some other brands.
- Consumer Reports: A 2018 vehicle reliability study looked at over 500,000 vehicles to see which brand had the fewest amount of issues as mileage increased. BMW ranked at the top of the pack (8 out of 29). The brand performed better than even its toughest competitors like Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Acura, and Lincoln.
- J.D. Power: A 2019 study done by J.D. Power looked at three-year old vehicles and tracked the amount of issues noted by the original owners over a 12-month period. Once again, BMW was above the industry average in this study.
- iSeeCars: Worried that a sports car may not be a smart investment? That is not the case for drivers of the BMW M6. The M6 made iSeeCars’s top 10 list of the Longest-Lasting Sports Cars. This proves that a high-end performance car can be a sound decision.
Prolonging the Life of Your BMW
While BMW vehicles are known for their longevity, there are a few tips to keep in mind to get the most out of your BMW.
- Choose a BMW with all of the features you want. You still want to love your vehicle several years down the road.
- Get the latest safety technology. These features allow you to drive with complete peace of mind anywhere you go.
How many miles do BMW models last? When maintained properly, you can enjoy your BMW for a very long time.
- Keep up with routine maintenance. Follow the maintenance schedule for your vehicle that is recommended by BMW.
- Only use genuine BMW parts. Only use OEM components for repairs, maintenance, and enhancements to protect the integrity of your BMW.
- Perform regular Inspections between service intervals. Approximately once a month, perform a quick vehicle inspection so that you can be aware of any warning signs. Correcting small issues right away can help to prevent costly repairs in the future.
- Clean your BMW regularly. Wash and wax your BMW exterior on a regular basis to protect it from the elements. Regularly cleaning the cabin can minimize wear and tear on the upholstery and carpets.
Find the BMW of Your Dreams at Princeton BMW
So, are BMW models good cars? The team at Princeton BMW has no doubt that they are. We invite you to experience our high-quality BMW selection in person today. Stop by our dealership in Hamilton to explore our showroom or set up a test drive. You can also contact us at your convenience with any questions.