How to Buy a New Car
At Princeton BMW, we understand that many drivers in the Lawrence area dread the car shopping experience. Buying a new car should be an exciting time, but you may have had a poor experience at another dealership in the past, or you are not sure where to begin. The team at Princeton BMW strives to make car shopping an enjoyable and stress-free experience. That is why we have created this guide on how and when to buy a new car. When you are ready to start your journey, you can contact us for more information, or stop by our showroom in person.
When to Buy a New Car
Wondering when to buy a new car? A vehicle can be a major investment, but in some situations, opting for a new or new-to-you vehicle can actually end up saving you more in the long run. If any of the situations below apply to you, it may be time to consider saying goodbye to your current vehicle.
- You constantly need to bring your vehicle to the shop for expensive repairs. Not only does this impact your wallet, it also impacts your busy schedule. Eventually, you will end up paying more over the course of the year to repair the car than you would for a newer model.
- You do not feel safe behind the wheel of your current vehicle.
- Your family situation has changed. Maybe you bought a sleek sports car during your single years, but now you are starting a family. It may be time to choose a more practical and spacious vehicle.
- Your car is failing emissions tests. Making the necessary repairs could get costly, and it may be a better investment to select a new car.
Finding the Car of Your Dreams
Once you have determined when to buy a new car, you may be wondering where to begin. A good place to start is to set a budget and stick to it. When you have a budget in mind, it’s time to start shopping.
- Narrow your search. Take your driving habits, cargo space requirements, and desired technology and safety features into consideration. When you have your list of must-haves, you can start searching for models that meet your needs and budget.
- Choose your top three models, and research them more in-depth. Look at safety ratings, reliability, lifespan, etc. It is also a good idea to take each one for a test drive if possible.
- Also, keep any big upcoming sale weekends or holidays in mind. Often, you will find outstanding offers around times like Black Friday or Presidents Day.
Get Behind the Wheel of Your Ideal Vehicle
At Princeton BMW, you will find a vast array of new vehicles, from sophisticated sedans to spacious SUVs. Explore our current inventory, and if anything catches your attention, we would be more than happy to get you set up with a test drive. Contact us today to begin your shopping journey.